The beginning of a dream
In 1945, a group of visionary Costa Rican parents and US immigrants founded Lincoln School to provide a bicultural and bilingual education for their children. Since its foundation in a small house in Barrio La California in San José and its long term location in Moravia where the Lincoln dream became a reality, to its actual campus of 7 hectares (17.3 acres) in Barrio El Socorro, San Miguel de Santo Domingo de Heredia.
Lincoln School has been a leader in co-educational private instruction in Central America. Starting with 136 students in 1945, Lincoln has grown to an outstanding current enrollment of 1,300 students. Throughout Lincoln’s history up to the present, students come from a variety of countries and represent a wide spectrum of religions and cultures, thereby enriching the learning environment and giving the school population a multicultural emphasis, a vital tool that allows them to have a better understanding of today’s globalized world. Lincoln is a non-profit, private educational institution offering programs from Preschool to 12th grade. It is governed by an elected Board of Directors, where parents are encouraged to participate actively.
Mission & Vision
Mission & Vision
Lincoln School, the leading innovator in 21st century education, empowers students to positively impact local and global communities.
Excellence through innovation, integrity and leadership.
- in the role of education in creating a positive society.
- in the potential of young people.
- in building positive relationships.
- we need to model behaviors we want to see in others.
- every individual deserves respect and fairness.
- the most important resource in a school is its people.
- the meaning in one’s life is related to the change you make in others.